E-file IRS Form 990 Online:
Secure and Accurate
See What People Are Saying About ExpressTaxExempt
I love the way this site is set up. Very little effort is needed to process my 501 c 3 990n epostcard for a prior year. I am so happy to find an IRS approved provider.
- Josephine Darlene Harvey
Your service is extremely helpful and saves the organization money! Last year I needed to call the help line and the help and service given was excellent!
- Linda Hollerbach
Im most appreciative that you took the time to call me to clarify and re-file when there was an inconsistency between IRS instructions and the initial IRS rejection of our return. Glad we could straighten it out in real time.
- Peter Coffee
This is the second year I have used the software and it was easier to use than last year. Also the use of indicators where it was necessary to use schedules was helpful. The third year will probably be easier.
- jackie Swenson
Why Should I E-file Nonprofit Tax Form 990 With ExpressTaxExempt?
Ready to file your 990 Electronically with ExpressTaxExempt?E-file 990 Now
IRS Form 990 Schedules
Schedules are auto-generated & are available for FREE while filing your nonprofit tax form 990 with our Software.
- Form 990 requires additional information forms called Schedules to be filed along with each 990 return. In total, there are 16 Schedules available for Form 990, and organizations must file the correct Schedules depending upon their activities.
- ExpressTaxExempt supports most of the Schedules for Form 990. These Schedules are auto-generated depending on the information provided when preparing your Form 990 return with our software.
- Our software simplifies the process to e-file 990 return with the correct Schedules.
- You can review your information and then pay and transmit your return to the IRS electronically.
Frequently Asked Questions on Nonprofit Tax Form 990 Filing
QWhat is IRS Form 990?
Form 990 is typically filed by Tax-exempt organizations, nonexempt charitable trusts, and section 527 political organizations to provide the information required by section 6033.
Organizations with gross receipts greater than or equal to $200,000 or total assets greater than or equal to $500,000 at the end of the tax year must Nonprofit tax filing Form 990.
Visit, https://www.expresstaxexempt.com/form-990/IRS-form-990-for-nonprofits/ to know more about Form 990.
QWhen is the deadline to file my Form 990?
File Form 990 by the 15th day of the 5th month after the accounting period ends.
Use the Due Date Calculator to find your nonprofit tax form 990 filing deadline if your organization follows fiscal tax year.
QCan Form 990 be filed electronically?
Click here, to know more details about filing of Form 990.
Note: The Taxpayer First Act, enacted July 1, requires tax-exempt organizations to file all the 990 and related forms electronically. i.e., organizations tax year beginning after July 2019 must file their 990 returns electronically.
QHow do I file 990 electronically?
To e-file Form 990, get started with ExpressTaxExempt and follow the below simple steps:
- Step 1: Enter your organization details.
- Step 2: Choose the Tax year.
- Step 3: Complete Form Details (you can prepare form either by using our direct form entry interface or interview style process)
- Step 4: Review Form Summary and Make Corrections if any
- Step 5: Transmit your Nonprofit Tax Form 990 to the IRS.
Once your 990 return is processed by the IRS, you will hear from us regarding the filing status instantly. If your return got rejected, you can fix the errors and re-transmit the return for Free.